Thursday 8 November 2012

Windows 8 : Unpin/Uninstall from start page

Now that windows 8 has replaced the start menu with a start page , on the first day it was a little difficult but now go used to the start page and believe me it has lots of benefits added to it.
I thank the people behind the start page concept. Now my parents can browse the system without their specs on nose.
Great Achievement!!! Hurray!!!

The other day I created a small app and on executing the app got added to the start page from where I was able to browse , for some reason I deleted the app from the folder , but when I came back to the start page , the app icon was still visible.
'May be a restart issue...' I thought and restarted the system.

But on restart also ...no luck. :(

What to do , just thought of the fluid model and right clicked the item. Great!!!
I got what I wanted , the icon got selected and I was able to select from a set of options , whether to uninstall/ pin/unpin/ clear the selection and I was able to do what I wanted , the icon got removed from the start page.

Recap: To unpin/uninstall an app from start page:

Step 1: Right click on the icon.

Step 2: Select from the options that appear on the bottom of the screen.

Step 3 : You are done , sit relaxed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment